I received this complimentary product from Influenster to test and to review.
Product: First Degree Burn Cream
Product Description: Helps reduce the appearance of scars; protects against infection; soothes the pain & cools the burn
Disclaimer: I was unable to test this product, because (un?)fortunately no one in my household has burned him/herself since I received the product. When the time comes, I will update this post with a review.
When someone in my household has a burn, we use a product that is both an antiseptic and an anesthetic. First Degree Burn Cream is homeopathic, so the active ingredient list is a bit mystifying.
Active Ingredients: Calendula officinalis Tinc HPUS (wound healing), Cantharis vesicatoria 3x HPUS (burns and scalds), Echinacea angustifolia Tinc HPUS (antiseptic).
Here's some deciphering:
- Tinc: tincture (an alcohol-based derivative of natural plant material)
- HPUS: Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States
- 3X: diluted to a concentration of 10^3 (1:1000)
- Calendula officinalis: The flower of this plant is used as an analgesic and an anti-inflammatory and promotes wound healing
- Cantharis vesicatoria: Derived from a beetle and used in the treatment of urinary conditions but also applied topically to prevent blistering from burns
- Echinacea angustifolia: This plant is a natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and topical antibiotic.
To be continued, once I have the misfortune of burning myself...